File & ServeXpress is built to handle filing at any volume – from single, simple filings to complex cases with hundreds of documents. Managing high volumes of filings is made even easier by our batch filing tools and services. Batch filing through our eFiling software has proven successful in places like Baltimore County for Landlord/Tenant Cases and with the Delaware Superior Court for the Zantac litigations.
Our batch filing software, combined with other features in the FSX ecosystem, has helped our high-volume filers save significant time and frustration by simplifying the eFiling process and reducing the amount of data entry required to file hundreds of documents. Here we will cover the best features of File & ServeXpress for high-volume filers and how you can start using them.
High-Volume Filing with our Batch Filing Tool
Batch filing (also known as bulk filing) is our solution for those who desire to file into dozens of similar cases simultaneously. Instead of going through the standard filing flow for each individual case, you can include all the cases’ details and document references in a single source sheet and file them in one action.
There are two ways that our users can access File & Serve’s Batch Filing services:
- Concierge Batch Filing: FSX will eFile and/or eServe however many cases you need on your behalf using the Batch Filing software ourselves. This is the best option for those who only need to batch file occasionally or don’t have the time to file multiple cases themselves.
- Custom Software Setup: We will work with you to configure your existing software and workflows with the File & Serve Batch Filing system. This is the best option for those that plan to batch file frequently, such as law firms that file collections, garnishments, landlord/tenant, medical malpractice, and personal injury cases.
To access either version of batch filing, get in contact with one of our batch filing experts, who will guide you through the process. Firms that have adopted our batch filing tools often end up using it for all their filing activity.
Monthly Billing and Flexible Payment Options
Per-transaction payments can work well for some, but it is often a pain point for law firms with a high caseload. Reconciling vague credit card statements at the end of the month can take significant time, and per-transaction payment methods are often limited in options. File & ServeXpress offers our users the ability to opt into Monthly Billing.
With Monthly Billing, File & Serve users have a better way to pay and break down the costs per case:
- A Single Itemized Invoice: Each month, your billing contact will receive an itemized invoice of the entire month’s transactions—no need to guess how the costs were allocated.
- A Variety of Payment Options: You can pay using credit cards (including ones not accepted by every court, like American Express in California, Texas, and other states), checks, and other options available through our payment portal. You can even opt-in for automatic monthly billing if you don’t want to pay manually every month.
For some of our products, signing up for Monthly Billing requires contact with our payment specialists, who will provide the documents needed to get on board.
Even if you don’t utilize Monthly Billing, you can still break down costs using our billing report in-app. This module allows users to create custom reports that detail spending in different courts and even per case.
Document Organization and Management
With many filings come many documents. Considering that, you need tools that can assist you in handling documents well. Document management is one of the core functions of the File & Serve application, and within it, there are two features particularly useful for heavy caseloads:
- Perpetual Document Storage: File & ServeXpress will perpetually store any filed, served, or uploaded documents (including documents processed through batch file transactions). This ensures you, your clients, and others involved in the case will have access to case documents through any mandatory retention periods (and after) without managing the storage yourself.
- Sensible Document Search: Find what you need, no matter how many cases or documents you have. Quickly pull up all documents for your transactions using our basic search or get more specific results using our advanced filters.
These two features are available to all File & ServeXpress users without additional configuration. Just activate an account, do some filings, and your documents will be in place.
Save Yourself Effort and Time
File & ServeXpress is available in hundreds of courts across the country. If you are interested in any of the features above, you can learn more about our filing solutions in the Knowledge Hub or get in touch with an eFiling specialist using the link below.