Application Operations Engineer
This position will be a key team member of the Data Integrity team, responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, and correcting data and user related system errors. Perform configuration and maintenance for client facing applications. Assist with development of tools to facilitate team duties.
A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently and independently while managing tasks and projects, communicate clearly and effectively, respond with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a swift response or turnaround, take effective action in a timely and responsive manner, think creatively, exercise strong and confident judgement, and be proactive in solving problems. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information as well as the ability to work well within a team is essential.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyze incoming data for completeness, appropriateness, and accuracy, in accordance with standards provided.
- Troubleshoot error logs and trace logs.
- Perform software configuration edits in the UI and at the database level.
- Monitor reporting and respond to issues or questions in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support and problem-solving assistance toward the fulfillment of department responsibilities.
- Track and complete incident tickets resolving issues wherever possible and when not, identifying, and documenting problems clearly for escalation.
- Conduct performance monitoring on production Databases and Client Web Site servers.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation on software configurations, hardware configuration, installation instructions, support procedures, standards, and other related information as directed.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
- Provide reports to management on KPIs as required.
- Other duties as appropriate
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have strong investigation and problem-solving skills, will take ownership of their tasks, will follow issues through to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, quickly acquires new skills, and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with MS SQL and/or other commercial database systems with T-SQL expertise
- Quality Assurance experience
- Customer service or technical support experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent skills/experience
- A minimum 3 Years of experience as a Network or Systems Administrator or reasonable equivalent technical discipline.
- 2+ years of technical customer support and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Software configuration experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Server and database operations
- A successful candidate must be able to pass a criminal background, education, and employment investigation prior to employment.
- Work-authorization; US Citizen.
- This opportunity is fully remote, or hybrid if you are in the Irving, TX area.
Perks and Benefits
Our competitive benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents.
FSX employee perks include 401k, life and disability insurance, and work hour flexibility.
A healthy work-life balance is vital. Our flexible PTO plan encourages team members to take time off so they can return feeling refreshed.